In a forward action to gain information and reveal facts of their own, NBC News partnered with one of the nation’s leading cannabis testing facilities, CannaSafe. In the testing, 18 different cannabis products were examined and compared, three of which were store-bought and 15 others gathered from the black market.
While no contaminants were found in the three legal cartridges, Antonio Frazier, the VP of Operations at CannaSafe, tells NBC these disturbing discoveries:
- 13/15 were found with Vitamin E
- Exotic Carts: Mars OG contained 40% Vitamin E
- 10/10 unregulated cartridges that were tested for pesticides were positive
- Dank Vapes contained over 51% of the legal array of pesticides
- The products all contained myclobutanil, a fungicide that can transform into hydrogen cyanide when burned